Georgia Commute Options programs are making a difference. But there's room to do more.
Georgia's transportation network must keep pace with our state’s booming growth and there is still much to be done. Here are just a few of the ways Georgia Commute Options programs are making a difference.
On the Roads
- Every day in metro Atlanta, the use of commute alternatives results in 1.4 million vehicle miles not traveled and 700 tons of pollution kept out of the air.
- More than 85,000 commuters have participated in Georgia Commute Options programs.
- More than 10,000 people in Georgia have registered to receive Smog Alerts via e-mail to help them take precautions on bad-air days.
On the Job
- More than 1,600 employers and property management companies use Georgia Commute Options programs.
In the Bank
- These programs and resources save Georgians more than $650,000 per day on gas and vehicle expenses.